- List Price
- Web Price
High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases are important for applications in which the DNA sequence needs to be correct after amplification. Manufactured and quality-controlled at New England Biolabs, Thermo Scientific® Phusion High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase offers both high fidelity and robust performance, and thus can be used for all PCR applications. Its unique structure, a novel Pyrococcus-like enzyme fused with a processivity-enhancing domain, increases fidelity and speed. Phusion DNA Polymerase is an ideal choice for cloning and can be used for long or difficult amplicons. With an error rate >50-fold lower than that of Taq DNA Polymerase and 6-fold lower than that of Pyrococcus furiosus DNA Polymerase (1), Phusion is one of the most accurate thermostable polymerase available. Phusion DNA Polymerase possesses 5´→ 3´ polymerase activity, 3´→ 5´ exonuclease activity and will generate blunt-ended products.
Phusion High-Fidelity PCR Master Mix with HF Buffer is a 2X master mix consisting of Phusion DNA Polymerase, deoxynucleotides and reaction buffer that has been optimized and includes MgCl2. All that is required is the addition of template, primers and water.
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the Phusion DNA Polymerase gene.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Advantages and Features
- Robust Reactions - Maximal success with minimal optimization.
- Extreme Fidelity - > 50x greater than Taq
- High Speed - Dramatically reduced extension times (10x faster than Pfu)
- High Yield - Increased product yield using minimal amount of enzyme.
- Versatile - Can be used for routine per as well as long or difficult templates.
- Long or Difficult Amplification
- High-Throughput PCR
Properties and Usage
Unit Assay Conditions25 mM TAPS-HCl (pH 9.3 @ 25°C), 50 mM KCl, 2 mM MgCl2, 1 mM β-mercaptoethanol, 200 µM dNTPs including [3H]-dTTP and 400 µg/ml activated Calf Thymus DNA.
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page.
PCR Amplification (Master Mix):
The polymerase is tested in a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) using a control template and specific primers, resulting in the expected product.
- Products specifications for individual components in the Phusion High-Fidelity PCR Master Mix with HF Buffer are available separately.
- Frey, B. and Suppman, B. (1995). Biochemica. 2, 34-35.
- Chester, N. and Marshak, D.R. (1993). Analytical Biochemistry. 209, 284-290.
Legal and Disclaimers
LicensesPhusion® DNA Polymerase was developed by Finnzymes Oy, now a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This product is manufactured by New England Biolabs, Inc. under agreement with, and under the performance specifications of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Notice to purchaser: Limited license.
The purchase price of this product includes a limited, non-transferable license under U.S. and foreign patents owned by BIO-RAD Laboratories, Inc., to use this product. No other license under these patents is conveyed expressly or by implication by purchase of this product.
PHUSION® is a registered trademark and property of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
THERMO SCIENTIFIC® is a registered trademark and property of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Material Safety Datasheets
- What has changed?
- Have the formulations or any other characteristics of these products changed now that they are manufactured by NEB?
- Can I continue to use the same reaction conditions if I use Phusion® products with the new product numbers?
- Are the prices and sizes of these products the same now that they are manufactured by NEB?
- What are the advantages to using Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Master Mixes?
- I am having trouble amplifying a template that is longer than 5kb. How can I optimize my product yield using Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Master Mix?
- Why are there low molecular weight discrete bands on an agarose gel after a PCR using Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Master Mix?
- Does Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase exhibit a strand displacement activity?
- What should my primer concentration be when using Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase/Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Master Mix?
- Will Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase incorporate dUTPs?
- Why are there high molecular weight smears or DNA in the wells of an agarose gel after a PCR using Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase?
- Are the DNA fragments produced by Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase blunt-ended or do they have the single-base 3´ overhang that Taq DNA Polymerase yields?
- What is the error rate of Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase?
- I'd like to clone a fragment amplified with Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase. Do I have to blunt-end clone?