Biological workflows for detecting, analyzing, amplifying or manipulating DNA and RNA require extraction and purification from a biological sample and/or enzymatic reactions. DNA and RNA share similar biochemical structures, so purification methods are similar.
Monarch nucleic acid purification kits provide fast and reliable purification of high quality DNA and RNA from a variety of sources using best-in-class silica column technology. DNA and RNA purified with Monarch Kits is highly-pure and suitable for use in a wide variety of downstream applications including sequencing, cloning, and enzymatic manipulations. Available for plasmid minipreps, DNA gel extraction, PCR & DNA cleanup and total RNA extraction, Monarch kits are all designed with sustainability in mind; they use less plastic and are packaged in responsibly-sourced, recyclable material.
Nucleic Acid Purification includes these subcategories:
FAQs for Nucleic Acid Purification
- What is the maximum binding capacity of the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column provided in the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- I have used 5 ml of cell culture for plasmid isolation with the Monarch Plasmid Miniprep kit and I am obtaining low amounts of plasmid and/or contaminating gDNA. Why is this, and what are your suggestions to improve yield and purity?
- Are plasmids recovered using the Monarch Plasmid Miniprep Kit endotoxin free?
- What is the maximum binding capacity of the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column provided with the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg)?
- Are Monarch spin columns compatible with Vacuum Manifolds?
- Can I use water to elute the DNA when using the Monarch Kits?
- Can I use the Monarch DNA & PCR Cleanup Kit to purify oligonucleotides and other short DNA fragments?
Protocols for Nucleic Acid Purification
- Monarch® Plasmid DNA Miniprep Kit Protocol (NEB #T1010)
- Quick Protocol for Monarch® Plasmid Miniprep Kit (NEB #T1010)
- Quick Protocol for Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction Kit (NEB #T1020)
- Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction Kit Protocol (NEB #T1020)
- Quick Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Quick Protocol for Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) Protocol (NEB #T1030)
- Total RNA Purification from Mammalian Whole Blood Samples using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010)
- Total RNA Purification from Tough-to-Lyse Samples (bacteria, yeast, plant, etc.) using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010)
- Total RNA Purification from Cultured Mammalian Cells using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010)
- Total RNA Purification from Tissues and Leukocytes using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010)
- Quick Protocol for Monarch® Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010)
- Monarch® RNA Cleanup Kit Protocol
- Using Exonuclease V (RecBCD) to Eliminate Residual Genomic DNA When Purifying Low Copy Plasmids with the Monarch® Plasmid Miniprep Kit
Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Brochure
It’s time to transform your DNA and RNA purification experience! Learn about the advantages of choosing Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Kits from NEB.
Five Steps to a Greener Lab: A roadmap to environmental action
The laboratory is a place of inspiration, curiosity, ingenuity, and often altruism. Researchers are, by and large, a thoughtful and deeply invested group, but the environmental and ecological consequences of life science research are not typically at the forefront of researchers’ minds when planning their investigations.
- Troubleshooting Guide for DNA Cleanup and Plasmid Purification
- Troubleshooting Guide for RNA Cleanup
- Troubleshooting Guide for Total RNA Extraction & Purification
- Back to basics: Important things to keep in mind when purifying plasmids and DNA fragments
- Dos and Don'ts of Plasmid Minipreps
- General Guidelines for Successful RNA Purification Using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit
- Guidance on Choosing Sample Input Amounts when Using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit
- Guidelines for RNA Quantitation
- Guidelines for Working with RNA During RNA Cleanup
- Six Tips for a Perfect Gel Extraction
- Tips for the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit
- Usage Guidelines for the Monarch Plasmid Miniprep Kit (#T1010) When Working with Low Copy Plasmids
Other Tools & Resources
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how to do a plasmid miniprep using the Monarch Plasmid Miniprep Kit.
Learn how to extract DNA from agarose gels using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Learn how to isolate DNA from your enzymatic reactions, including PCR, using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 µg).
Optimize your plasmid miniprep results with these quick tips for using the Monarch Plasmid Miniprep Kit.
Optimize your DNA gel extractions with our quick tips for using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Optimize your DNA isolation from PCR and other enzymatic reactions with our quick tips for using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit.
This video walks you through RNA purification from a wide variety of sample types using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit.
Optimize the results of your RNA extractions with these simple tips from our scientists.
Learn how you can easily recycle all of the components in your Monarch Kits.