RNA plays a multitude of cellular roles in all kingdoms of life. RNA is an essential carrier of genetic information that can catalyze chemical reactions and influence gene expression.
In the last several years, our understanding of RNAs as regulatory molecules in the cell has dramatically changed. Many new classes of small and large non-coding RNAs with largely unexplored functions have been recently reported, ushering in a renaissance of RNA-focused research in biology.
NEB offers a range of products for RNA research, including reagents for synthesis, extraction, purification, cleanup, analysis, modification and detection of RNA molecules.
Latest NEB Expressions
This edition of NEB expressions discusses breakthroughs in Golden Gate Assembly research, that now enables 20+ fragment assembly with high efficiency and accuracy. New products include the NEBNext® Single Cell/Low Input RNA Library Prep Kit and the NEBNext Direct® Custom Ready Panels for NGS Target Enrichment. Lastly, learn about the importance of basic research at NEB in an interview with NEB’s Research Director.
RNA Metro Map
Download our RNA poster to learn more about the various RNA structures and recent applications.
RNA Synthesis Brochure
Learn more about NEB's products for RNA synthesis, which range from template generation to poly(A) tailing.
RNA Technical Guide
Find in depth information on tools designed to streamline your RNA workflows, including RNA extraction & purification, qPCR and RT-qPCR, RNA-seq, RNA synthesis and gRNA synthesis.
- Recommended HiScribe RNA Synthesis Kits by Application
- Troubleshooting Guide for RNA Cleanup
- Troubleshooting Guide for Total RNA Extraction & Purification
- Avoiding Ribonuclease Contamination
- General Guidelines for Successful RNA Purification Using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit
- Guidance on Choosing Sample Input Amounts when Using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit
- Fuchs, R.T., Sun, Z., Zhuang, F., et al. 2015. Bias in ligation-based small RNA sequencing library construction is determined by adaptor and RNA structure PLoS One. 10(5), PubMedID: 25942392, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0126049
This method describes high yield in vitro synthesis of both capped and uncapped mRNA from a linearized plasmid containing the Gaussia luciferase (GLuc) gene.
Optimize the results of your RNA extractions with these simple tips from our scientists.
This video walks you through RNA purification from a wide variety of sample types using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit.
Behind the paper: Jennifer summarizes her group’s recent Nucleic Acid Research publication describing how individual RNA base modifications affect RNA polymerase fidelity as well as reverse transcription error rates.